Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moving out...

Many of you already knew that I was going to give up Studio 306 in the Torpedo Factory. Actually, yesterday was my last day. Coincidentally, Jim, my good friend and studio partner, is also taking a leave, as well as Andra, my neighbor to the right.

That's how the studio looked yesterday morning:







The printer, tools, paper, mats, frames, etc. were all gone already, only the images on the wall were still there.



I had a sale on all stocked items which actually worked quite well. Therefore the wall looked a bit unorganized at the end, with the gaps not being filled up with matching pieces.

During the course of the day, I took down the remaining frames and posters, removed the picture hangers and detached the sale signs and my tiny german-american flag.

At the end of the day my side of the studio was shift back to neutral:





Will I ever move back into Studio 306? Most likely not. Will I ever have a studio in the Torpedo Factory? Probably yes. I have already received a number of subleasing request and will definitely take the chance if time permits.

Once again I would like to say thank you to everybody who visited me at the Torpedo Factory or bought one of my pieces. Most of my images are on display at www.gkruger.com, and beautiful fine art prints can be purchased online. Quite a number of my images are also on display in the Torpedo Factory's Arts in Public Spaces Exhibition and in the Art League's Bin Gallery.

Stay tuned or send me an email, I'd love to stay in contact with you guys!